Development Support Specialist
The Development Support Specialist will support the advancement staff in the IUSM-Evansville regional campus. Primary responsibilities include event planning and coordination, gift administration and stewardship or current donors. The position will report to the Director of Development and Public Relations of IUSM-Evansville.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
*Oversee planning, marketing, and implementation of all regional campus events (20-25 events per year) including internal IUSM-Evansville regional campus monthly meetings/events to support the educational and philanthropic objectives of the campus.
*Coordinate donor relations/stewardship through the annual mailing/tracking/reporting process, administering donor recognition programs, advancing donor relations with volunteer clinical faculty members, maintaining relationships with endowed and annual scholarship donors, and maintaining a record of and ordering promotional materials.
*Assist with bi-monthly newsletter for IUSM-E campus by organizing material, proofing and content development.
*Process incoming gifts to the regional center, write follow-up and thank you communications.
Special projects as assigned.
- To be successful candidates should have excellent interpersonal skills, strong writing and communication skills. The ability to be involved and coordinate numerous projects simultaneously. Strong organizational skills and the ability to work with executive level contacts.
- Should have expertise in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook), Adobe Photoshop and databases.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
- Physical Requirements: Coordinating and assisting in delivering and setting up venues for events such as seating, sound systems, video equipment, food service, etc.
For additional details and to apply click here.
Tenure Track Anatomy Position
Indiana University School of Medicine in Evansville (IUSM-E) is seeking a proficient Anatomist/Medical Educator to join the teaching faculty. Primary responsibilities will include anatomic instruction in a new integrated medical curriculum commencing August 2016. This is a horizontally and vertically integrated basic and clinical science curriculum with an emphasis on interactive small group and experiential learning. The successful applicant will be expected to provide both classroom and laboratory instruction in the Molecules, Cells, & Tissues course and take a lead role in the Neuroscience & Behavior course. Both aforementioned courses are extensively integrated with clinical medicine and imaging.
Prior experience in providing instruction at the medical school level is highly desirable. It is anticipated that the successful candidate will also participate in the instruction of undergraduate and graduate health professions. We expect the new integrated curriculum to provide numerous unique opportunities for scholarship in medical education and the successful candidate will be expected to develop independent scholarship in the area of medical education by publishing educational research and procuring funding for their research. This is a full-time clinical or tenure-track position in the Anatomy & Cell Biology Department. Rank will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
- PhD, MD, or DO degree (or equivalent)
- Demonstrated record of excellence in teaching to undergraduate medical students
- Evidence of successful contributions to collaborative teaching & educational research
- Publications and/or presentations demonstrating engagement in educational scholarship
- Proficiency in clinically-focused anatomical instruction
For more information on IUSM-E, visit http://evansville.medicine.iu.edu.
Interested/qualified applicants should electronically submit a single PDF file containing; current curriculum vitae, cover letter including a summary of educational accomplishments, teaching philosophy and personal statement of your future interests,. The priority application review deadline is Friday, April 15, 2016.
All application materials should be sent via e-mail to:
Steven G. Becker, MD
Associate Dean & Director of IUSM-Evansville
8600 University Blvd
Evansville, Indiana, 47712
Indiana University is an EEO/AA employer, M/F/D/V.